Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Hand Sculpting

We each started off with a shoe print and rubber slab. This project was more about reliefs and outcome prints. Once I completely with my word, I ended up with this as a final product.
In the beginning, I did a few test runs on how satisfied I was with my work. I didn't have to do too many because I was fine with what I had.
After the test runs, you started your final prints. 
In the picture above are my final prints. The top four are normal prints with one color and no relief. The second one on the bottom is a double run. It's the same painted slab but 2 colors overlapping. The remaining 3 are reliefs with two colors. The original prints were one color and then I went in after and took some rubber off the slab so that when I painted over, it was just the shoe that was colored and that's a double run as well.

I was very pleased with myself and my work. This was definitely a "beginners luck" project for me because I don't usually have things work out well straight from the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment