Monday, October 19, 2015

Relief Sculpture

For my relief sculpture, I used social media. I figured on my own behalf that social media is a calmer, it takes me away from reality and focuses more on other chaos making me realize that my life isn't so crazy. This might sound bad but I'm just being honest. I sketched out the app icons that I use most which were Vine, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, and Instagram.
Once I hand built the clay into what I wanted it to look like, the clay was fired in the kiln. After, I painted my piece. I assume that the clay in the middle was too thin because when I came out of the kiln the piece has a crack through the middle. This made me look at if from a different aspect. I finished my piece completely and now it means the chaotic social media is my relief not just social media in general. I purposely painted the crack red to symbolize the chaoticness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment